Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bold moves down Under?


There has been something on my mind for a little while now and it has been picking at me. I wrote a blog prior about "taking chances" in life and pursuing dreams. For the most part I have been able to do something that I have wanted to do for awhile and I am so grateful of that. Recently I was presented with another opportunity that really twisted my mind and upon asking my close family members they seemed a bit skeptical especially concerning my career status at this point.

As many of you know, my best friend Cody Angell left town for Perth, Australia recently to move for a great position and unique experience. The reason for his move was essentially from one person whom asked him to make some more of himself upon a brief visit to the US. Raf Baughs is his name and he is a professional duathlete who was ranked #3 in the world 2009. Raf has a sports clinic that he runs as well as being co-owner of the new "running centre" in Perth where Cody works.


While hanging out with Raf while he was in town for the world championships last year, he presented cody and I with a new take on things. He said coming over to Australia could enhance your training abilities because simply put, people in Perth train like Pro's and truly enjoy pushing each other to the next level. Basically locally we seem to put out maybe 6 or 7 Kona World Championship Ironman Qualifiers where as Perth puts out about 40 a year in comparison. Raf's clinic employs new techniques with physiotherapy and this is something I would like to understand and learn from. Raf has said that he could take me to the next level of running as well as multi-sport athletics and can help improve my career in the personal training field by helping me grow with understanding the trade. As well it would be an incredible experience, BUT , as always there is certainly a hurdle.

After my job situation has been kind of sporadic of late, paying $2000 for a plane ticket and shipping over my brand new racing bike for $300 seems utterly impossible. It sucks that simple hurdles like this are faced in life but I am determined to figure out how to make this work in some manner. The goal would be to simply stay in Perth for a couple months, learn the tools of the trade and train better than I ever have to see what could happen with a career.

If any of you out there who may read this, have a suggestion as to how to make this work, shoot me an email!

chrislamperski@gmail.com

Working with some amazing physiotherapist as well as training and soaking up knowledge from some of the worlds most phenomenal athletes seems like an opportunity almost too good to pass up especially with advancing my own career and assisting those clients even greater than I already can. Any real tips would be greatly appreciated, I may be joining a website soon that has a donors page if interested<

Thanks for taking the time to read about my possible "Bold Move"

No comments:

Post a Comment