Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busselton 2011: 1st step in a Conquest



Update:  Just received an email about getting an official international entry into the Busselton 70.3 Ironman in May 2011!!! 


Now that I have an official goal to look forward to, the training will begin commencing!



   My conclusion for this new training cycle will be that it will be much easier to produce a fast time over a 5 month training cycle as opposed to the 5 week cycle I used in my 1st attempt at the 70.3 distance. 

Initial Goals to focus on:

  1. Ride more 
  2. Find the perfect aggressive position that will allow me to run off of the bike
  3. Ride more
  4. Train for a half marathon race (as opposed to simply relying on some running base as I did before)
  5. Ride more
  6. Swim long course and build my endurance
Hopefully by focusing on these goals I will be able to drop my 70.3 time substantially unless something unfortunate happens along the way.

Since some local Western Australian Triathletes set the bar high, I have some goals to shoot for next year. Nuttman I am coming for your time Mate!

   After a couple more weeks of settling "Down Under" I plan to jump into some sort of a race, most likely a 3k on the track, my 1st since 2004 at Davidson College. I have not been working on my speed but I have high hopes that I can tuck behind a couple guys and grit my teeth to break my old & weak PR of 9:17. 

Special shout out to Cody and Janna Angell for being amazingly hospitable since my arrival down under. So far everyone I have met in Perth has been amazing, more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment