Friday, June 11, 2010

We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.

Their are certainly times when I think, why don't I just act like a normal person? Finish a good days work with dinner with some friends while chatting over a few drinks and heading home to relax on the couch. That sounds just blissful at this point, I think its something that I often battle with and have battled with over the years. Trying to lead a busy social life while kind of half assing my training for whatever event is in the forefront.

Now that I have signed on with Studio 7 and Lance Leo as my fulltime coach, I have fully committed myself towards attaining some proposed goals in 2011. 2010 is basically a wash for me as I am using it as my building year for triathlons, to gain strength and experience. Putting in a full years worth of dedication and hard work should reap some major benefits come 2011 race season which will be specifically planned out permitting I stay injury free.

Sometimes I wonder what separates the "men from the boys" and it basically seems to boil down to hard work in endurance athletics. I kind of like what Bill Bowerman once said with pushing yourself to limits.

"the real purpose of running isn't to win a race; it's to test the limits of the human heart. A teacher is never too smart to learn from his pupils. But while runners differ, basic principles never change. So it's a matter of fitting your current practices to fit the event and the individual. See, what's good for you might not be worth a darn for the next guy."

"Testing" my personal limits is certainly a goal of mine and in order to do so appropriately I have realized that I must cut certainly luxuries out of life to attain this. Luckily I can keep my head on straight while staying focused on ultimate goals in life, with the main one being "Happy" and "Content" with life. Along with achieving my individual goals, I hope through my coaching service as well as volunteer work I can impact other people's lives in a positive way....this is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment