Thursday, December 24, 2009

Life is all about the Journey


Here I sit on my couch December 23rd, sick and listening to Christmas music to lift my spirits. As of today I have officially been unemployed for 50 days, wow time has really passed in the blink of an eye. I can't believe so much has happened in this short life of mine especially over the past few years.
After receiving notice of my soon to be unemployment I realized it would be a perfect chance to take a back seat and evaluate my life. Have I accomplished what I set out to do, what did I set out to do? Was I fulfilling my destiny or was I just another person to fill up this chaotic world we live in? What is my purpose and where am I to leave my mark before I die?

All of these things have ran through my head at some point in time over the last 50 days while I have had the chance to think open and freely without pressures. One thing that I have realized is that I am not exactly an introverted personality, I knew of this before but after looking back over 4 years of my life was spent sitting at a desk with limited contact to people. Friends, acquaintances and family members all have commented that I need to do something that I am passionate about as well as something were I have personal interaction.
Those 4 years of my life I was looking for an outlet to use this passion of mine in several areas. From coaching, to working part time retail and etc, it was just an outlet away from the desk. I have been able to spend much more time recently soaking up life with loved one's, something that I wouldn't have done before. While fighting inner struggles by myself these people have been at my side in one way or another and helped me through this JOURNEY.
It's incredible how as a fresh face right out of college you want everything right NOW. Maybe its what drives some people to work so hard to achieve certain monetary goals in life. As those years have passed me by, I really began to understand in a better fashion how life works. Patience is absolutely a virtue and things will come i n due time. I am so fortunate to surround myself with outstanding people whom actually genuinely care about me. As I was writing this post, recently named "Runner of the year" Rebecca Thomason was being a saint and dropped off some goodies to help me along while I am sick.

This is just an example of why I believe that I am at a good point in life, job or no job. At some point in life I have made certain decisions to get me where I am today. Going forward I look expand my passions and thrive towards ultimate goals in life that I may have held back on in the past. This journey has been quite amazing so far, especially in my career; high school geometry teacher, research analyst, assistant retail manager, co-founder of an online business, coach, and so much more.

There will be more greatness to come out of me and I plan to leave an everlasting mark in life in the hopes that I can make an impact in this selfish world. One day I will stand at the top of the mountain having conquered all of my fears and look down with a HUGE SMILE.

No comments:

Post a Comment